Frequently Asked Questions
As they say, prevention is better than a cure. At Regal’s Dental, we know it’s important to provide education and advice on proper dental care for families throughout the Livingstone Shire.
- Apply a small amount of toothpaste to the brush.
- Aim the toothbrush at the top of the teeth (directly below the gum line).
- Start to brush your teeth gently in a circular motion.
- Brush each tooth for at least 10 seconds (front and back).
- Brush the chewing surfaces of your teeth back and forth for at least 10 seconds per tooth.
- Spit out the toothpaste but no need to rinse because the toothpaste that sticks to your teeth helps to protect them against plaque and tooth decay.
You should brush your teeth at least twice a day to help improve oral health.
You should replace your toothbrush every 3 to 4 months. If the bristles become worn before then, your toothbrush should be replaced sooner.
You can assist the prevention of tooth decay by:
- Brushing your teeth regularly
- Using a fluoride-based toothpaste
- Limiting your sugar and alcohol consumption
- Booking an appointment with a dentist regularly
You should brush each tooth for at least 10 seconds and brush for 3–5 minutes in total.
You should floss once a day. However, if food is getting caught between your teeth, then flossing after each meal can help prevent bleeding gums and the build up of plaque.